1. Although you are expected to enter a hardware key to generate the license, the SAP Hybris license is not
tied to a specific hardware, you have to enter Y4989890650 as the hardware key always.
2. License can be generated multiple times and for multiple systems, you are asked to pick a 3 digit code to identify an environment
E.g. while generating the license you may add PRD as System ID for Production and DEV as system ID for Development System.
3. License generated for Production can be used in any environment, there is no restriction associated with using a license on development and test environment.
4. SAP hybris license is tied to a database type and hence license generated for MSSQL will not work in a developer setup that makes use of HSQL embedded DB.
5. While importing the license key using license.sh or license.bat command you may have to create an entry in local.properties file to overwrite the SYSTEM ID, this entry is not required if license file was generated with system ID CPS